Adroit, connecting your IoT solutions.
Adroit partners with leading network operators to include seamless connectivity as part of our IoT solutions.
IoT devices connect to the backend platform using wireless IoT networks. These IoT networks operate specifically for IoT devices and are designed to periodically transmit small amounts of data, over long ranges, using low power and a low cost. The common term is Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) and includes several different technologies with the most popular being Cellular 3G/4G, NB-IoT/ Cat M1, and LoRaWAN.
Adroit has partnered with New Zealand’s leading telecommunications companies Vodafone and Spark who both operate nationwide LPWAN networks.
Vodafone utilises the popular 3G/4G, and the NB-IoT / Cat M1 standard, providing reliable, efficient and secure connectivity for IoT devices across New Zealand and the world. Spark operates 3G/4G, Cat M1, and LoRaWAN within NZ, and has various International options.
As an IoT network partner Adroit uses self-provisioning and management portals from the activation and management of IoT SIMs, making deploying your IoT solutions simple.
These partnerships enable Adroit to meet all your IoT connectivity requirements
What are the benefits of LPWAN networks?
way to connect thousands of devices in the field. LPWAN is the perfect solution.
Extended coverage over large areas even when underground or deep within buildings
Great power efficiency meaning the devices can run on batteries for up to 10 years
Low cost communications hardware enabling data collection devices to be cheaper
Low bandwidth with most connections requiring just a few bytes of data to be transmitted per device per day
- Industrial grade technology: LPWAN technologies offer great range, throughput and power efficiency at a low price.
- Coverage in challenging deployments. LPWAN offers coverage penetration in difficult environments that characterise LPWA use cases. Licensed spectrum bands including 3G/4G and NB-IoT aren’t significantly affected by interference.
- Flexible power management for 15-year operational lifespans. LPWAN technologies include advanced power-saving modes that minimise unnecessary chatter over the network.
- Simple designs for cost-effectiveness. LPWAN has been designed to minimise hardware costs, from chipset fabrication to antennas.
- Secure and availability. Security is important in any IoT deployment. LPWAN technologies varying security features which will suit different deployments.